Saturday, September 8, 2007

The power of friendship

I met my friend Tarah through the nest. This journey is the hardest path I have ever had to take. It is so nice not to go it alone. I like to think we are able to draw strength from each other through this. If I can take away anything from this terrible point in my life, I have a new friend. Someday our children will play together and I hope they never have to know what it took for us to get them here. You really don't get it unless you go through it. It brings up the old adage of "Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes." I suppose in a lot of ways I never really thought too much about that. Until now.

You hear so often: "Just relax, it will happen", " Don't stress about it"', "Just quit thinking about it and it will happen". When you have a medical condition there is no way possible any of these things will help. You are given medication after medication and it still doesn't work. Then there are all the procedures when the medications won't work. When is enough-enough? How long can you live your life dealing on "what ifs"?

Tarah and I met another nestie for lunch today and wouldn't ya know it there was a baby shower set up in the next room. I think I have seen more pregnant people today than I have in the last month. As of this moment I am not feeling bitterness that would be too strong of a word. I will admit though I was extremely jealous. Then I get home and have an invitation to a baby shower for a friend who tried for 4yrs to get pregnant. I understand they went through a lot but it still stung a little. But that does not take away how truly happy I am for them. I just try and remember that good things do happen to good people. I try and keep it in perspective that there is hope.

I felt like hell today at our luncheon, but it is so good to be around "people like me". It's kinda funny we all walk around with a pharmacy in our purses! You bond of the horrible side effects of all the medications and which day you are on in your cycle. What happened to the days of talking about designer clothes and celebrity gossip. It just goes to show you, that in this life you can't take anything for granted. And on that note, I say I hope that for everything we are going through it will truly make us amazing and better parents because of this.

1 comment:

We have Angel Wings said...

Angel,

I just wanted you to know that you are one of the positive things that has came out of my IF journey.

I think that both of us will make wonderful parents and I can't wait to take our kids to the park together.

Thanks for being you.

Tarah~